+27 61 013 4898
DURATION : 5 days and 4 nights
INCLUDES : Your flight from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit. This will be aligned on finalising your booking. Your departure from Selati River Ruins will also be aligned with your return flight times.
COST : R53 984 PER PERSON
• Your trip master will be at Hoedspruit Airport 15 minutes prior to your arrival- and will transfer you by road to the Selati River Ruins. The transfer time from Hoedspruit to The Ruins is approximately 1 hour.
• Upon arrival your luggage will be booked on a vehicle for transport to the bush camp.
• At The Ruins you will have a meal from a selection of over 50 possible dish options. Cold beer and a selections of wines are available for free. Remember, all is included in the trip, so spoil yourself!
• A friendly vibe and the gateway to your bush adventure, we will transport you by game vehicle to your lodging. Our free wi-fi affords you the opportunity to download a few (strongly recommended) apps to make your adventure interesting. Once completed we will board an open game viewing vehicle for a 4km drive to the accommodation.
• A ranger will accompany you from here on – your exclusive accommodation is situated under shady trees overlooking the Selati River (with guaranteed hippo siting’s), where a variety of game come to quench their thirst.
• You will have ample time to settle into your accommodation, as this will be your home away from home for the next 4 nights.
• We are at your “beck and call” – when you are ready we will depart on a game drive, with a stop-off for a gin or similar sundowner under red skies, at a breath taking view point.
• After sunset we will make our way back to the lodge, where you will be greeted with an open fire under African skies and a selection of canapes to wet your palate.
• Dinners will vary each evening after consulting with you and your partners, or leave it to us and we could surprise you?
A BIT OF BACKGROUND
We will track the game on open 4×4 game viewing vehicles during the morning, evening and into the night – accompanied by a dedicated ranger. A variety of birds including vultures, eagles, kingfishers, woodpeckers, buzzards, herons, egrets, owls and weavers will be seen daily. Included in your exhilarating game viewing package is a qualified Eco Guide. You simply need to pick a suitable day – hopefully cloudy, which would make perfect climate – and we’re off on an adventure. We suggest game drives in the morning and evening – and there is no need to rush. On this tour you decide!
To ensure good game viewing we suggest an early morning sunrise game drive – at least on some days. The climate is hot during the day so midday is a great time for relaxation in the pool, under the trees or in your quarters. High tea is served at 16:00 every afternoon, however we have included great excursions that will keep you busy if you are keen to join.
Included in your trip are any 4 of the following:
1. Cheetah Rehabilitation Centre
Visit the Cheetah Rehabilitation Centre and witness the speed of a cheetah whilst learning more about these unique and gentle carnivores.
2. Zip Line
Zip Line over the Magoebaskloof Gorge and experience an eye-popping view over the waterfalls, cliffs and vegetation of this untouched landscape.
3. Zwakala Brewery
4. A day at the Spa
- Essential Care deep cleanse facial
- Luminace Glow Collagen
- Body massage
- Ginger and Lavender poultice massage
- Tri-scented Shea Body Nugget massage
- Body exfoliation
- Body wrap treatments
5. Hiking trail
6. Dinner with wild elephants
Perched under trees and overlooking the elephant waterhole, we will enjoy nature’s sights and sounds whilst having dinner – awaiting these majestic animals to show themselves. Although not guaranteed you have a 90% chance of partaking in this “once in a lifetime” experience.
7. Hide Out
Sit in a “hide” and count/photograph unsuspecting game. Wild, but a tranquil experience. When were you last so remote, exposed and alone … ever?!
Times for these excursions are decided when you book and unfortunately cannot be moved once we lock them down. Your departure from Selati River Ruins will be aligned with your flight times.
On day 5 the time of your flight will determine what can be done on this day and will be organised accordingly.